Trinity's Church Libraries
Trinity’s libraries consist of an adult collection, the McKenzie Library, and a children’s collection, the Carolyn Hart Children’s Library.
- Sundays: 9:30 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 4 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Church office staff can open the library at other times upon request.
McKenzie Library is Trinity’s adult resource library, which features materials for personal, intellectual, and spiritual growth. The library’s volumes include books on Methodism, Christianity, world religions, theology, devotions, parenting, and social issues, among others. The library is named for Guy and Sarah McKenzie, who were generous supporters of Trinity and its library. A large reference collection contains Bible commentaries, concordances, dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases, and contemporary and historical United Methodist materials.
Carolyn Hart Children’s Library
The Carolyn Hart Memorial Children’s Library includes colorful picture books, Bibles, and some reference material appropriate for preschoolers and children in elementary school. Topics include Bible stories, contemporary stories emphasizing Christian beliefs and values, books on Christian holidays, and biographical or historical accounts. This library collection is named for Carolyn Hart, a long-time elementary Sunday School superintendent who left a bequest to create a children’s library at Trinity.
1. Gifts will be accepted and considered by the Library Committee for addition to the library.
2. The Library Committee will make the final decision about adding an item to the library’s collection.
3. Items added to the collection must complement the library’s mission and must be physically useful for circulation.
4. Any items not added to the collection will be donated to the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library.
5. A copy of this gift policy will be provided to anyone wanting to donate items to the library.
Contact Gloria Colvin
For more information about the library or to request new materials, please contact church librarian Gloria Colvin.