Because of God’s love for us through Jesus Christ, we exist to worship, grow and serve. Together we seek to realize our mission through our Core Values: Faith, Worship, Love, Service, Community.
“Trinity United Methodist Church will be a diverse Christian community shining as a beacon of God’s love and actively engage as the heart, hands, and feet of Christ in the world.”
Titus 1: 1 “I have been sent to bring faith to those God has chosen and to teach them to know God’s truth—the kind of truth that changes lives—so they can have eternal life, which God promised them before the world began…”
- We believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and in God’s love for us through Jesus Christ as the foundation of our faith.
- We believe all persons need forgiveness and redemption through God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
- We grow in faith by studying and following the Holy Bible, the inspired Word of God.
- We believe the message of the creeds, rituals and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- We believe as St. James wrote, ”It isn’t enough just to have faith. We must do good to prove that we have it. Faith that doesn’t show itself by good works is no faith at all.”—James 2:17 The Living Bible
Psalms 22: 22 “I will praise you to all my brothers and sisters; I will stand up before the congregation and testify of the wonderful things you have done.”
- We earnestly seek his Holy Presence while gathered together as a congregation as well as in our personal relationship with God.
- We glorify God in worship with joyful songs of praise and testify to his love with hymns about his faithfulness.
- We offer prayers of gratitude for all that he has done for us, his abiding presence with us, and his promise of salvation through the sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ.
- We bring our tithes and offerings to carry on God’s work in the world.
- We cherish the guidance given through the reading of the Scriptures and the message of our pastors. We come in to worship and leave to serve.
John 13: 34-35 “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- Our goal in life is to follow the Great Commandment: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…and love your neighbor as yourself.
- We strive to be authentic Christian people who love and serve others.
- We work to understand and respect individual differences, cultures, customs and beliefs while witnessing and teaching our own faith.
- We seek to nurture and demonstrate the love of God in Christ to the children and youth in our home and in our church family.
- We are committed in love to all people God brings among us, valuing each one and being faithful to the care of their whole being.
Matt. 4: 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of people.”
- We will offer Christ to others, our greatest gift of service.
- We seek to identify God’s gifts to us and share our skills, talent, time and treasure where needed in the church, community and world.
- We seek to find ways to enable and empower others to serve as leaders and servants in making meaningful contributions in the church, community and world.
- We seek to help nurture the faith development and spiritual formation of each member through teaching, study and fellowship, through prayer, and working for peace and justice.
- We will help feed the hungry, house the homeless, and supply basic necessities to those unable to help themselves, within our power and means to do so.
Psalms 133: 1 “Behold, ow good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters dwell in unity!”
- We will work to provide ministries in which all generations of the church family can work, play and grow together.
- We are committed to diversity and invite all people into our faith community where each is made to feel welcomed and valued.
- We will continue to make Trinity a Christ-centered church where God’s love is celebrated and lived out in a variety of ways. These include teaching children and youth, providing Sunday school and Bible study for all ages, individual and group ministry, music ministry and fellowship.
- We will encourage a focus on health, wellness and exercise to better equip ourselves for service and our journey through life.
- We will strive to be better stewards of God’s creation and of the physical and spiritual resources He has given us.As part of the global United Methodist Church, Trinity shares the common vision of all United Methodists to “Make Disciples for the Transformation of the World.”